- Guarantee that your wishes are known as to which of your assets are left to the individuals or charities that you choose.
- Determine who will take guardianship of your minor children if you die.
- Trusts create a legal entity that causes many assets to avoid probate and also ensures that beneficiaries receive their shares how and when you want. Trusts are important for those with minor children, special needs persons, those who are divorced, and those who want to avoid probate and certain estate tax.
- See our FAQ page for more information.
Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Power of Attorney – designates what type of medical treatment that you want and do not want as well as who will make these decisions for you if you are incapacitated.
- Durable Power of Attorney for Finances – designates who will make your financial decisions for you if you are incapacitated.